Plucky little sister who was blessed by an angel. Also a brocon. Angel was cool about it.
Meline is the Hero's younger sister and is one of the first characters you are introduced to, meeting her when are promoted to a Squire. After exiting the sewers you are able to interact with her at her bakery in the Slums of Northmarket. She seems quirky and excitable, and is obviously very much in love with her brother. She can join you in battle and prove to be a useful asset.
She moves in with you after you acquire the Manor and approach her from behind the counter three times in the bakery in the Slums of Northmarket.
Prayers given by Level
- Level 1
- Astral Flame: Costs 8 Mana, Single enemy, Control, Fire damage.
- Scintillating Shards: Costs 8 Mana, Single enemy, Control, Radiant damage.
- Focus: Costs 100 Momentum, Self, Restores Mana based on the user's Magic, Resist and Luck stats.
- Level 8
- Heretical Censure: Costs 15 Mana, All enemies, Deals MP damage, Chance to Censure.
- Level 13
- Beckon Mana: Costs 12 Mana, Single enemy, Censure (no deal damage).
- Level 15
- Judgment: Costs 20 Mana, All enemies, Control, Fire damage.
- Level 24
- Crystal Rays: Costs 20 Mana, All enemies, Control, Radiant damage.
- Level 29
- Revelation: Costs 40 Mana, All enemies, Control, Fire + Radiant damage.
Prayer's by Relationship
- Guilt Trip: Costs 5 Mana, Single enemy, Debuff, Reduces MAT.
- Mass Guilting: Costs 12 Mana, All enemies, Debuff, Reduces MAT.
- Basic Prayerbook-
- Cure Light Wounds: Costs 10 Mana, Single ally, Restores Health.
- Chicken Soup Book-
- Cleanse Body: Costs 5 Mana, Single ally, Heals Status Effects.
- Librum Caseum-
- Clear Mind: Prayer. Costs 5 Mana. Heals status effects that effect the mind.
- Hymnal Blast: Prayer, Damage-type, Sonic. Attacks single enemy with Sonic.
- Book of Love and Passion-
- Angelsong: Prayer. Costs 8 Mana, Single enemy, Sonic Damage, Inflict Deafened state.
- Queen's Rhapsody: Prayer. Costs 20 Mana, All enemies, Sonic Damage, Inflict Deafened state.
- Favoured Fortune: Prayer. Costs 5 Mana, Single ally, Luck buff for 6 turns.
- Dark and Stormy Knight-
- Divine Punishment: Prayer. Costs 8 Mana, Single enemy, MP damage, Lightning damage.
- Static Chain: Prayer. Costs 20 Mana, All enemies, MP damage, Lightning damage.
From Unity force
- Seraphim Wings: Costs 12 mana. Casts a radiant spell on all enemies that dazes them and gives her and Hero wings to let them fly for 5 turns or until they are knocked out of the sky (33% chance). While flying they will receive +100% physical evasion but also take 150% lightning damage.
Weapon: Magic Staffs
Off Hand: Empty (Starting)
Headgear: Empty (Starting)
Body: Casual Dress (Starting)
Accessory: Empty (Starting)
Meline's place in a party can be spotty before level 8; low health, comparatively low damage, and limited utility. Being able to toss out a Scintillating Shards can help against physical enemies and Astral Flame helps against enemy heals but dead enemies deal no damage and enemy healing isn't that big of an issue outside of the Manor Invasion and Elvo's boss fight.
Level 8 is when she gains Heretical Censure which, depending on what you're fighting can make things easy. It not only deals some damage to all enemies, it can also Censure them. If you think deafening with Thunder was fun, Censure is even better. Against any magic using enemies, it can be an automatic win. Even if they don't use magic, it increases her and Chimei's damage.
Meline's invoker class leaves her with only prayers at her disposal which greatly limits the number of abilities she can learn. Since Meline can be added to your party right away, she represents your only source of non-physical damage until you can either unlock Larelle as a party member, add Kyrie permanently to your party or buy Chimei for 60,000 sil from the slave market. Felix can also learn Magic Missile by equiping Magic Handbook (either buy in Southport or find it as a hidden item in Elvo's Manor during A Forge too Far) and Doll can learn venom evocations by equiping the White Skull you gain after finishing The Night of the Reaping Deathas early magic for you to use, but only Meline can do so from day one without any additional setup.
Furthermore, until you find Doctor Weird Volume II, which is a random drop in the random daily quests in Northmarket Manor (meaning you might not get it at all if you're unlucky), Meline is your only source of radiant damage. Same goes for fire magic in the early game, until you gain access to Energy Principles I for your other spellcasters. For this, you have to invest 1,200 sil in the scroll shop in South Port, then you can buy the tome for 850 sil.
Meline's fire magic offers a reliable way to apply the Burned-debuff to enemies and reduce the healing they receive. This is escpecially handy when fighting undead enemies or werewolves who have a natural health regeneration. Against beasts, the first hit with fire magic also causes them to panic, which causes them to lose up to two turns. There are many enemies in different dugeons that are weak to fire magic, like the mycons in Mushroom Samba, enemies during A Manxome Foe including the end boss as well as elementals in different dungeons.
Radiant magic always has a chance to add the Daze-debuff to enemies, which causes them to miss their attacks more often. Especially in the early quests where you'll encounter mostly physical attackers, this can prevent a lot of damage to your party. Radiant magic is also very effective against undead or demonic enemies which you will encounter regularily during the game.
Her spell Heretical Censure is unique as it is the only spell that increases all element damage against a debuffed target and also locks any form of spells, evocations or prayers from the enemy.
Meline can take the spot of a damage caster early on, but cannot compete against more versatile casters like Kyrie or Larelle when it comes to damage output. She can also act as a defensive debuffer, meaning she can debuff enemies to deal less damage to her party by dazing or censuring them, rather than increase damage output of her party.
With the right setup, Meline can also take the roll of a healer. If you invest either 500 sil or finish the Manor Invasion quest, you can use the Basic Prayer Book to teach Meline Cure Light Wounds. For 1,100 sil, you can buy the Chicken Soup Book and learn Cleanse Body. With the Librum Caseum tome, Meline can also learn Clear Mind, but since the item is currently obtained very late in the game, it's not very useful at the moment. Unlike Felix and Yeon, Meline can't learn any form of group healing, which makes her less useful as a healer as you will face more and more group damage when you reach the current late-game quests.
You can also increase Meline's versatility with Librum Caseum and Book of Love and Passion to add sonic prayers to her arsenal. However, since these are both only obtainable very late in the current state of the game, this is only useful for New Game+ at the moment.
Overall, Meline is a versatile party member that can help out in many roles, but only shines in very specific scenarios. She can be used as a fourth member to assist, but it is not recommended building a team around her as your main damage dealer or as your dedicated healer.
- +4: Clockwork Amusemente
- +2 Lovely Flowers, Sweet Perfume, Berry Gera, Porcelain Doll, Box of Chocolates, Slice of Cake, Rock Candy, Pocket Tome, Monster Fang, Shiny Bits
- -2: Porcelain Doll, Pearl Necklace
- Initial relationship: 61
- Initial chat:
- H: Uh, what are you doing here?
- M: Well this is my house too, right? I'll just sleep in here with you!
- H: You can't, get a bed somewhere else. I'm Going to be having a lot of sex up here, you know.
- M: It's okay! <3 I'll just watch!
- Guilt Trip and Mass Guilting prayers.
- Can now be in the party during all Manor Invasion fights.
- Initial chat:
- M: Thank you for finally revealing your true feelings to me, big brother!
- H: They were "your" feelings, Meline. It's just that sex is my weakness.:
- M: Really? You don't actually love me?
- H: Well it's not exactly like that... I mean, I still like you a lot...:
- M: Why would you say such mean things to me big brother!
- H: I-I'm sorry, Meline. Come here, let me give you a hug. Do you want to go to the kitchen for cake?
- M: (Hehehehe!)
- M: Heeeeey Master! Do you want to cum inside me more?
- H: It's tempting, but not right now. THere'll be plenty of time for that later.
- M: Aww... :(
Love Quest-Family Matters
- Meline and Hero get 50% Necrotic resistance.
- Dragon Heart - Crafting Item
- Mother's necklace - Unique Item
- One H-Scene with Meline (Missable), and one with Meline and the Angel of Love and Passion.
- +13 satisfaction total (5 Missable)
Conversation & SexEdit
- Be Nice (H-Scene)
- Be Rough (H-Scene)
- Enforce Discipline (H-Scene)
- Do Some Baking (H-Scene)
- Be True to Oneself- Recruit her.
- Satisfied Curiosity - a random scene you can get when completing some quests.
- Blowjob Lesson- random scene shared with with Larelle.
- Breaking Taboos- During Family Matters, go into the right most room on the bottom of the second screen of the hero's house. Missable.
- Triple-Layer Angel Cake- Complete Family Matters and get a scene with Meline and the Angel of Love and Passion.
- Blowjob Philosophy- Vacation scene
Hidden stats Edit
The following are a list of stats/traits that are not made readily apparent about Hero on the status menu. Be warned that some of these might reveal spoilers about the character!
- Takes 200% damage from anti-human attacks (becomes 150% after a certain achievement)
- When she uses healing items, they are 110% as effective (+10% effect)
- Has a natural 95% hit chance
- Has a natural 4% magic evasion chance
- Has a natural 90% threat generation rate
- Meline was originally named Amelia. This was changed very early the Harem Collector's development, to avoid confusion with Alina.
- Meline's class, Invoker, is based on a base class of the same name from Dungeons and Dragons 4th Edition. One of the key features of the Invoker class was the ability to summon angels to aid in combat once per day.
- During the quest Manor Invasion Meline will normally refuse to participate. Because of her relation to the angel of Love and Passion. If you wish for her to assist you regardless, raise her heart level by one before starting Manor Invasion.
- ↑ Learned after having item equipped for 5 in-game days.
- ↑ While Meline can equip Magical Handbook, Necronomicon, Energy Principals I, and Doctor Weird Vol. 3 she gains no skills from them since she can't use Spells.
|Party Characters|| Bronwyn ● Chimei ● Diadira ● Doll ● Elaiya|
Felix ● Gargan ● Hero ● Kyrie ● Larelle
Meline ● Raina ● Therese ● Yamamaya ● Yeon
|Maids||Lilac ● Nerys ● Pandora ● Randi ● Renfeld ● Violet|
|Male Followers||Kevin ● Nicholas|
|Other Harem Members||Alina ● Apple Kid ● Eulania ● Ino ● Orange Kid ● Penelope|
|Shopkeepers||Florine ● Natya ● Serade|
|Other Important NPCs||Doralice ● Brigandine ● Meiriona ● Amazing Old Man|
|Bonus (Non-Canon) Party Members||Cerulean ● Wiki-tan|